Leveraging technology to advance financial services Leveling the playing field
Founder & CEO
- An unremitting entrepreneur with 18 years of IT experience;
- Previously served in major technology companies such as Huawei, Nokia and Philips;
- Founded Innovation Technology Corp (ITC), a telecommunications service provider, in 2006;
- Joined VanceInfo as vice president in mobile technology services, when the largest software service provider in China acquired ITC in 2007;
- Became an individual angel investor for a number of technology startups after leaving VanceInfo in 2011;
- Mr. Wei Wei holds an EMBA degree from China Europe International Business School, as well as bachelor’s and master’s degrees from Beijing Institute of Technology.
- Nearly 20 years of experience in risk management of multinational banks and fintech; responsible for design and risk control of personal and SME financial products; advanced international risk management concepts and extensive experience in China’s market;
- Served in Capital One US as senior manager of products, market and risk control until returning to China in 2006;
- Worked at Standard Chartered Bank and served as the China country credit head from July 2013 to January 2015 and as the head of credit for retail bank from June 2006 to July 2013.
- Ms. Zhou Jing holds a bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering from Virginia Tech University.
Chief Risk Officer
- 14 years of experience in risk management; head of comprehensive risk management of retail and small business operations in financial institutions and internet companies; extensive experience in risk process optimization, credit policy formulation, risk modeling as well as in- and post-lending management;
- Previously served in HSBC (Asia Pacific) as decision analysis manager, Alipay Business Intelligence as senior data expert, and Standard Chartered Bank (China) as senior risk manager;
- Mr. Tong Hai holds bachelor’s and master’s degrees in mathematics statistics from Peking University.
Chief Financial Officer
- Senior expert in finance and auditing, with more than 15 years of industry experience;
- Previously responsible for the listing audit at Ernst & Young in Singapore and KPMG in London, England;
- Senior manager of Deloitte & Touche’s global listing services department after moving to China in 2007; a core member to secure Deloitte’s leadership in US IPO market;
- Former CFO of Leyou Company and Vice President Finance of Sohu;
- Mr. Steven Sim holds an MBA degree from INSEAD and is a member of ACCA.
- Mr. Ren Ran joined PINTEC in April 2016 and has served as director and vice president of decision science. He has served as our chief scientist since January 2018, currently leading a team of data scientists and engineers building machine learning quantitative models and overseeing our big data platform “Data Lake.” Mr. Ren also leads our personal installment lending business.
- Prior to joining our company, Mr. Ren worked at Capital One Financial for over five years from October 2010 to March 2016, where he served in variety of different credit analytics positions, including head of business analytics for Capital One Labs, Capital One’s internal innovation incubator. Before joining Capital One, Mr. Ren co-founded Voicelever, a Seattle-based voice recognition and wearable hardware startup, in 2009.
- Mr. Ren obtained his master’s degree in electrical engineering from Binghamton University in 2010 and his bachelor’s degree, also in electrical engineering, from Nanjing University of Posts and Telecommunications in 2007.
Chief Marketing Officer
- 10 years of experience in internet marketing and user operation; served in marketing position at Dangdang.com and Lefeng.com; extensive hands-on experience in internet marketing and user operation; insightful in various marketing tools, user life cycle management and membership marketing;
- Mr. Zhang Ziwei holds a bachelor’s degree in information security from Yunnan University.